Thursday 1 December 2011

Kat's New Moves In Agneepath :- Katrina Kaif on a hot tin roof

 Katrina Kaif In Agneepath

 Katrina Kaif In Agneepath


The Agneepath item song sees the actress in her most rustic avatar yet
A simple hip swish from Katrina Kaif is enough to drive the janta into a tizzy. But as Chikni Chameli in Karan Johar's Agneepath - clad in a kashta and doing some serious jhatkas and matkas - she's going to have men literally eating out of her hand. Come January 26, 2012, the audience will surely be dancing to her tune!
The actress, who has been playing hide-and-seek with Dharma Productions because of date issues, says, "Dharma, Karan and I were to work together on Dostana 2, but that got deferred. I have always wanted to do something with Karan, so when he told me about the concept of the Chikni Chameli item number, I loved it. My reason for doing it is because Karan is such a nice person and has been really good with me. After I heard the song and dance director Ganesh Acharya gave me a dry run, I took it up as a challenge and actually had a lot of fun doing it."

 Katrina Kaif In Agneepath
Kat did have apprehensions about people comparing the song to her earlier item number Sheila Ki Jawani, but as she says, "Sheila... was more Broadway-meets-Bollywood, whereas Chikni Chameli is completely rustic. Ganesh has ensured there are no similarities. The energy and the moves are completely different."

She says rehearsals were so hectic that she lost three kgs just sweating it out on the floor! Hrithik Roshan, the hero of Agneepath, agrees. Says he, "I was blown away when I saw the rehearsal. Katrina is outstanding. The audience is not going to mind that I'm in the same frame but not dancing!"

Sanjay Dutt, who plays the baddie in the film, says, "I agree. Kat has brought so much energy to this number that we're still reeling from the impact! Chikni will get the all ceetees it deserves."

Both Sanjay and Hrithik feel that not only has Kat surpassed her Sheila act, but that Acharya is the only choreographer who knows the pulse of the Indian masses. Says Sanju, "He has interpreted this song in a very desi way. Our jaws dropped when Kat did the entire song for us during the rehearsal."

Hrithik though has the final word. Says he, "The audience will be spellbound by Katrina as Chikni Chameli. She is the most hardworking co-star and is unbelievable!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive